Repeater Control: How to repeat in rows of x?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SamIAm, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. SamIAm

    SamIAm Guest

    Hi

    I need a repeater control (not datalist) to display a table containing 3
    columns of data per row. i.e.

    How can a achieve this using a repeater control?

    Thanks,

    SamIAm, Jan 5, 2004

  2. SamIAm,

    This article may get you started:

    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1014

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Jan 5, 2004

  3. SamIAm

    SamIAm Guest

    Thanks for the reply Justin, but that article only shows you how to get data
    out and loop through it displaying 1 column per row at a time. I need to
    display more than one column per row.

    SamIAm, Jan 6, 2004
  4. SamIAm,

    In that case use of a datagrid might be better.

    --
    Sincerely,

    S. Justin Gengo, MCP
    Web Developer / Programmer

    Free code library at:
    www.aboutfortunate.com

    "Out of chaos comes order."
    Nietzche

    S. Justin Gengo, Jan 6, 2004
  5. SamIAm

    SamIAm Guest

    SamIAm, Jan 6, 2004
  6. SamIAm,

    I'm not certain why you can't use a datagrid but the code for the repeater
    would be similar to this:

    <Table id="Table1" Width="100%" border="1" CellPadding="5" CellSpacing="0">
    <asp:Repeater ID="Repeater1" runat="server">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,
    "FirstColumnData") %>
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,