repeater ItemCommand not firing on first click

Guest

I've got a Repeater and within it a LinkButton.
The LinkButton has an CommandName="Test"

In the Repeater's ItemCommand event I want to check for this command name
but the problem I'm having is that the ItemCommand event is not firing the
first time the LinkButton is clicked. 2nd-(n)times after it's fine but the
FIRST time it's clicked I get nothing.

The repeater is on an ASCX control that's on a standard ASPX page.

Thanks

Karl Seguin

Curt:
Are any of the related controls being dynamically added (or maybe even
unrelated)?

We got a somewhat similar behaviour in the past that was being caused by the
Page.IsPostback switching from True to False 1/2 way through the page
lifecycle (ProcessMain recalculates it a few times). You might want to
check that it's still true by the time in gets to prerender. The page
itself uses IsPostback to determine whether to fire off events...

karl