repeater or datalist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by rockdale, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    Hi all

    I have two tables in my database invoiceHeader and invoiceDetail.

    invoiceHeader contains store_id, inv_date, inv_id and other summary
    info.

    invoiceDetail contains inv_id, item_id, unit_price and purchase_amount

    my customer want to about print all invoices at a certain date for all
    stores and they want one store one inv per page.

    the problem is they do not want the inv detail listed out row by row
    E.g.
    Store:
    Inv_id:
    Date:
    Other Invoice Header Information

    Item_ID Unit_Price purchases_Amount

    They want those item in a same category should group in a block and
    also show the category descript before the block
    and inside some category block, they want show some special note which
    is hardcoded - not from database.
    something like
    Store:
    Inv_id:
    Date:
    Other Invoice Header Information

    Category 1 Category 2
    Item1 amt1 Item15 amt15
    Item2 amt2

    Category 3
    Note: some notes go here
    Item6 amt6
    Item7 amt7

    and even something like this
    Category 4
    Item8 Item9
    amt8 amt9

    ------------Page break------------------------------

    another invoice

    -------------page break

    Is it doable with repeater or datalist? if so, wihich one should I use?
    and how to format to such format?

    Thanks in advance
    -Rockdale
    rockdale, Jun 30, 2006

  2. rockdale

    MJ Guest

    Hi Rockdale
    you have many for resolved problem.
    This first : one datagrid in last column , create column Template and when
    user press in the first column , then expand other datagrid hiden, unhiden

    This Second: add two button for expand y unexpland why master/Details

    and other form, only you depend.

    MJ, Jun 30, 2006

  3. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    Thanks for your reply.

    I guess I did not express myself clearly

    This is basically a print preview page, so what user see on the page is
    what he is going print out. So no button clicking or datagrid hiding.

    I want to show an web page using datalist or repeater so that
    I can get a report format like

    Store: first store
    Inv_id: #######
    Date: 05/06/2006