repeater or datalist

rockdale

Hi all

I have two tables in my database invoiceHeader and invoiceDetail.

invoiceHeader contains store_id, inv_date, inv_id and other summary
info.

invoiceDetail contains inv_id, item_id, unit_price and purchase_amount

my customer want to about print all invoices at a certain date for all
stores and they want one store one inv per page.

the problem is they do not want the inv detail listed out row by row
E.g.
Store:
Inv_id:
Date:
Other Invoice Header Information

Item_ID Unit_Price purchases_Amount

They want those item in a same category should group in a block and
also show the category descript before the block
and inside some category block, they want show some special note which
is hardcoded - not from database.
something like
Store:
Inv_id:
Date:
Other Invoice Header Information

Category 1 Category 2
Item1 amt1 Item15 amt15
Item2 amt2

Category 3
Note: some notes go here
Item6 amt6
Item7 amt7

and even something like this
Category 4
Item8 Item9
amt8 amt9

------------Page break------------------------------

another invoice

-------------page break

Is it doable with repeater or datalist? if so, wihich one should I use?
and how to format to such format?

Thanks in advance
-Rockdale

MJ

Hi Rockdale
you have many for resolved problem.
This first : one datagrid in last column , create column Template and when
user press in the first column , then expand other datagrid hiden, unhiden

This Second: add two button for expand y unexpland why master/Details

and other form, only you depend.

"rockdale" escribió:

rockdale

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I did not express myself clearly

This is basically a print preview page, so what user see on the page is
what he is going print out. So no button clicking or datagrid hiding.

I want to show an web page using datalist or repeater so that
I can get a report format like

Store: first store
Inv_id: #######
Date: 05/06/2006