Repeater usage

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by MattC, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. MattC

    MattC Guest

    Hi,

    I have to produce a report with a layout similar to below:

    Total1 Total2 Total3
    Department1 Name
    Employee1 1 1 1
    Employee2 2 2 2
    Employee3 3 3 3

    Department2 Name
    Employee1 1 1 1
    Employee2 2 2 2
    Employee3 3 3 3

    The column headings for the totals only appear once and the rest of the data
    will change depending on how many departments the information is run for.
    But each department name is listed at the top of the list of the employees
    in that department.

    Would a repeater control be used for this, or should i create a custom
    control???

    I am thinking of using an XML Schema to create a typed dataset to act as a
    container for the data.

    thanks

    MattC
    MattC, Jun 16, 2004