    don't need an MSSQL connection. My ISP doesn't have an MSSQL Server running
    on the same server as where my homepage is hoasted.

    Lars
    Lars, May 29, 2008

  2. Lars

    Lars Guest

    As I understand after browsing the Internet you can write your own
    MebershipProvider I even downloaded one but that one was for an MSSQL
    database. I need one for an Access Database file since my ISP does't have an
    MSSQL Server running on my webserver. And there's more, the server where I
    have my MSSQL database doesn't have the right ASP plutgin for creating
    users.

    Can any one advice or direct me to a version for C# that MembershipProvider
    works with an Access Database file placed in the App_Data folder.

    Yours
    Lars

    Is there an easier way than to

    Lars, May 29, 2008

  3. Lars

    pauld Guest

    On May 29, 4:26 pm, "Lars" <> wrote:
    > As I understand after browsing the Internet you can write your own
    > MebershipProvider I even downloaded one but that one was for an MSSQL
    > database. I need one for an Access Database file since my ISP does't have an
    > MSSQL Server running on my webserver. And there's more, the server where I
    > have my MSSQL database doesn't have the right ASP plutgin for creating
    > users.
    >
    > Can any one advice or direct me to a version for C# that MembershipProvider
    > works with an Access Database file placed in the App_Data folder.
    >
    > Yours
    > Lars
    >
    > Is there an easier way than to
    > "Lars" <> skrev i meddelandetnews:N%F%j.7767$...
    >
    > > Hi

    > > How can I replace the aspnetdb database with an Access database file so I
    > > don't need an MSSQL connection. My ISP doesn't have an MSSQL Server
    > > running on the same server as where my homepage is hoasted.

    > > Lars

    http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=404

    These are the easiest instructions. There are also instructions for
    compiling the c# dll directly. The results are the same.

    HTH
    pauld, Jun 3, 2008
  4. Lars

    Lars Guest

    Hi

    Cool, that was actually the one I download three days ago. It wroks really
    fine. I've manage to write oy own pages to manage the user roles.

    I agree it was really easy to use. Although I don't use the the web handler
    that you use from Visual Studio since I need to maintain the homepage when
    it is stored on my ISP some where else in Sweden.

    Thanks for the advice
    Lars

    Lars, Jun 3, 2008