    left and right divs to display the same?

    Thanks
    Malcolm

    Malcolm Collett, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Malcolm Collett wrote:
    > http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/Testing/Testing.htm
    >
    > I am just playing around, learning how to replace tables with CSS.
    >
    > At the above URL, I have some <div>s, some on the left and some on the
    > right.
    > There is something I don't understand:
    >
    > The <div>s on the left appear as I expect them to, but the <div>s on
    > the right have white space above and below the content. As if
    > padding-top and padding-bottom have been used. I don't understand
    > where this has come from.
    >
    > Where does this white space come from and what is the best way to get
    > the left and right divs to display the same?

    Mozilla Firebird & Netscape show similar space above the headings. (Like the
    ones on the right in IE).

    Opera shows different space, like IE, but doesn't align the tops of the divs
    in the way that IE 6 does.

    The CSS can't be found. The W3C validation service returned:
    "I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the valid
    sources for such information. Without encoding information it is impossible to
    validate the document."

    I suggest you sort out the validation issues then see what happens.

    --
    Barry Pearson
    http://www.BirdsAndAnimals.info/

    Barry Pearson, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Malcolm Collett wrote:

    > http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/Testing/Testing.htm
    >
    > I am just playing around, learning how to replace tables with CSS.
    >
    > At the above URL, I have some <div>s, some on the left and some on the
    > right.
    > There is something I don't understand:
    >
    > The <div>s on the left appear as I expect them to, but the <div>s on
    > the right have white space above and below the content. As if
    > padding-top and padding-bottom have been used. I don't understand
    > where this has come from.
    >
    > Where does this white space come from and what is the best way to get
    > the left and right divs to display the same?

    I'm not sure what you expect them to look like but both sides look the
    same to me (in Konqueror).

    Btw, whilst 'rel' is an attribute of <link> it's not an attribute of

    http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-html40-19980424/present/styles.html#edef-STYLE

    --
    frostie
    http://brightonfixedodds.net