replace the address in client browser for server.transfer with the the real location?

JX

Is it possible to replace the address in client browser for server.transfer
with the the real location?

Patrice

No. Server.Transfer happens server side so there is no way for the browser
to know. Depending on your needs you could perhaps use Response.Redirect
that happens client side.

If not suitable you may want to explain what you are trying to do so that
one could suggest another approach...

JX

Not much, just think transfer is more efficient compared with redirect, but
it will mess up the client side address, so it would be nice to have the
benefit of transfer while not making user puzzled.

Patrice

Either you have Server.Transfer efficiency that is a server side thing but
then you can't do much client side.

Either you use Response.redirect that is client side and is then able to
direct the browser explictely to another location but then you don't have
something that is server side only. you dind't say whay Response.Redirect
doesn't fit your needs...

A third option would be to get rid of Server.Transfer if this is not
strictly needed (this is why I mentioned the third option that is explaining
what you are trying to do in case someone would have another approach).