Replacing IIS with ASP.NET web matrix server to create Web pjt VS

Mike

Hi there,

I am wondering if anybody knows about a work around (if any?) creating an
ASP.NET web project from VS .net under XP Home Edition?

I know there is no IIS under XP home, but is there any way to replace IIS
with another web service ( like the one in web matrix) to be able to develop
apps in VS .NET under XP Home?

It doesn't matter of course if the page can not be accessed remotely, but
locally for testing the page.

Thanks

Mike

Girish bharadwaj

Umm, I dont understand. "Cassini" web server should work on XP home as well.
Just make sure that it opens port 80 so that it acts as the default server.