replacing @javadoc tags

Erik

Hi

I'm looking for a smart way to scan through a set of Java source
files, replace certain Javadoc tags with some others, and then write
the results out to new source files.

I had a look at Qdox, but it seems to reformat the code, along with
fully qualifing my class declerations - which makes merging in
revision control a bit of a nightmare.

Rgs
Erik

Alan Moore

Hi

I'm looking for a smart way to scan through a set of Java source
files, replace certain Javadoc tags with some others, and then write
the results out to new source files.

I had a look at Qdox, but it seems to reformat the code, along with
fully qualifing my class declerations - which makes merging in
revision control a bit of a nightmare.

Rgs
Erik

Got Ant? Its "replace" and "replaceregexp" tasks will do what you
want. PowerGrep is nice, too: it lets you preview the results before
you commit the change, and undo it afterward. Costs a hundred bucks,
though. http://www.powergrep.com/

Darryl L. Pierce

Erik said:
I'm looking for a smart way to scan through a set of Java source
files, replace certain Javadoc tags with some others, and then write
the results out to new source files.

Use a perl script and regular expressions to massage the Javadocs.