    revision control a bit of a nightmare.

    Rgs
    Erik
    Erik, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Erik

    Alan Moore Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 08:20:53 -0800, (Erik) wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I'm looking for a smart way to scan through a set of Java source
    >files, replace certain Javadoc tags with some others, and then write
    >the results out to new source files.
    >
    >I had a look at Qdox, but it seems to reformat the code, along with
    >fully qualifing my class declerations - which makes merging in
    >revision control a bit of a nightmare.
    >
    >Rgs
    >Erik

    Got Ant? Its "replace" and "replaceregexp" tasks will do what you
    want. PowerGrep is nice, too: it lets you preview the results before
    you commit the change, and undo it afterward. Costs a hundred bucks,
    though. http://www.powergrep.com/
    Alan Moore, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Erik wrote:

    > I'm looking for a smart way to scan through a set of Java source
    > files, replace certain Javadoc tags with some others, and then write
    > the results out to new source files.

    Use a perl script and regular expressions to massage the Javadocs.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>
    Darryl L. Pierce, Feb 7, 2004