Replacing Language Resource Files

Wilko Deppe

Hi!

I have two questions about replacing the compiled language Resource Files
(dll) while the webserver is running.

First of all, is possible at all to replace the dll or is it "blocked" by
the IIS or another Service?
Secondly do I have to reregister the dll on the server?

Thanks a lot for your answers
Wilko Deppe

Natty Gur

Hi,

Take a look at this article
http://www.ondotnet.com/pub/a/dotnet/2002/10/14/local2.htm?page=2. it
shows how to run several Language Resource Files side by side.

Anyway for your question 1) usually you can replace existing DLL. if not
you can always stop access to the application and replace the DLL.

2) .Net assemblies doesn’t required any registration.

Natty Gur[MVP]
Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261