Replicate HTMLInputFile functionality

Paul Hobbs

Hi All,

I am trying to replicate the functionality of the HTML FileField control. I can use it just fine to prompt a user to browse to a file, and it retrieves the full path just fine. I can then get the file path string by using control.value, and write it to the database. I don't want to actually do anything with the file. What I can't do is programmatically set the value of the FileField control - all the reading I have done says that it is impossible for security reasons.

So, I want to use a standard TextBox control and a Button control, and replicate the functionality of the FileField HTML control. When the user clicks a "Browse" button, s/he should be presented with a the standard Windows OpenFile dialogue box, and when the user selects the file, the full path (including file name) should be plonked into the TextBox. This way, I can programmatically set the text property of the TextBox when the user is editing an existing record - ie: if there is already a path in the db.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul Hobbs