Reply To Jani - OT

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, Jan 15, 2009.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    >> It's difficult to translate into english what my father told me, but
    >> - I will try:
    >>
    >> "You can shit on my head
    >> but I don't allow you to rub it around with your hands."

    Is this the way father and son typically bond in your culture?

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Neredbojias

    Jani Guest

    On 15 Jan., 17:53, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > >> It's difficult to translate into english what my father told me, but
    > >> - I will try:

    > >> "You can shit on my head
    > >> but I don't allow you to rub it around with your hands."

    > Is this the way father and son typically bond in your culture?

    Why is it that here: http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads/
    when I go to "downloads" - >> "Get Adobe Air"
    the result is always German?:
    http://get.adobe.com/de/air/

    Is it a problem of the browser?
    Of the operating system?
    Is there no english version?
    Is another language a secret?

    Jani, Jan 15, 2009

  3. Neredbojias

    richard Guest

    http://get.adobe.com/air/

    richard, Jan 15, 2009
  4. Neredbojias

    Jani Guest

    On 15 Jan., 20:48, richard <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:54:33 -0800 (PST), Jani <>
    > wrote:

    > >> Is this the way father and son typically bond in your culture?

    > >Why is it that here:http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads/
    > >when I go to "downloads" - >> "Get Adobe Air"
    > >the result is always German?:
    > >http://get.adobe.com/de/air/

    > >Is it a problem of the browser?
    > >Of the operating system?
    > >Is there no english version?
    > >Is another language a secret?

    > http://get.adobe.com/air/

    No - it rederects me to that place: http://get.adobe.com/de/air/
    If I change the language here:

    http://www.adobe.com/de/international/selector/

    and check the checkbox to remember the settings
    I come back to http://www.adobe.com/au/ e.g.

    then I try again "Downloads" - "Get Adobe AIR"
    and the result is again the german one.

    Maybe the check my IP adress.

    Jani, Jan 16, 2009
  5. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 15 Jan 2009, Jani <> wrote:

    > Why is it that here: http://www.adobe.com/uk/downloads/
    > when I go to "downloads" - >> "Get Adobe Air"
    > the result is always German?:
    > http://get.adobe.com/de/air/
    >
    > Is it a problem of the browser?
    > Of the operating system?
    > Is there no english version?
    > Is another language a secret?

    That doesn't happen to me; I get what I assume is the regular American
    one (-and there's no "de" in the url.) Perhaps it's your location,
    maybe determined from your cybernet address.

    Neredbojias, Jan 16, 2009
  6. Neredbojias

    Jani Guest

    On 16 Jan., 13:28, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > That doesn't happen to me; I get what I assume is the regular American
    > one (-and there's no "de" in the url.)  Perhaps it's your location,
    > maybe determined from your cybernet address.

    I think so - I did not check the code.
    Once I tried to watch a "George Clinton" video on www.mtv.com - and I
    got something like "This video is not available outside the US".

    Jani, Jan 16, 2009