    to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
    usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

    thanks in advance......

    raghav, Jan 11, 2007

  2. raghav

    Satish Guest

    >>is multhreading possible with VC++
    Very much possible. I know using critical sections. Check out at
    http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/misc/misc/threadsprocesses/article.php/c3843/

    Satish, Jan 11, 2007

  3. raghav

    mlimber Guest

    raghav wrote:
    > is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
    > sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
    > to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
    > usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

    Threads are not available in standard C++ at present (for what may
    happen in the future, see
    http://artima.com/cppsource/threads_meeting.html).

    You may use a platform-dependent solution like pthreads (ask in
    comp.programming.threads), MFC CWinThread (ask in
    microsoft.public.vc.mfc or similar), the more portable Boost.Threads
    (see docs at http://boost.org/doc/html/threads.html and explanation and
    examples at http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184401518), or something else.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jan 11, 2007
  4. On Jan 11, 3:35 pm, "raghav" <> wrote:
    > hi
    > is multhreading possible with VC++ how should i do it is there any
    > sample program for dat.....im currently working with VC++ 6.0 and tryin
    > to implement concurrent insertions in a tree structure how to perform
    > usin the thread concept in VC++ any codin example plz fwd........

    This is off-topic here, check the following link for suggestions where
    your question might be answered:

    By the way, concurrent insertions in a tree will probably not be
    possible if the tree is ordered in some way.

    --
    Erik Wikström

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Jan 11, 2007