    second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
    first list box

    Any Suggestion

    Christer Alkerud, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Christer Alkerud

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:51:20 GMT, "Christer Alkerud"
    <> wrote:

    >I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
    >boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
    >the page is also populated with values from the same database.

    >Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
    >second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
    >first list box

    Client side it's DHTML or JavaScript, using ASP it's a new query to
    the server based on a JavaScript trigger of the selection. Google
    "ASP Dynamic Dropdown Lists" or the like for lots of examples.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Christer Alkerud

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Christer Alkerud" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >

    > I hope anyone can give me a hint how to continue
    >

    > I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the

    list
    > boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array

    on
    > the page is also populated with values from the same database.
    >

    > Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
    > second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
    > first list box
    >

    > Any Suggestion

    You can submit back to the same page - but you'll have to code it so that if
    no querystring then put in the default values, otherwise put in based on
    user's choices.

    ---

    Hal Rosser, Nov 17, 2004