Repopulate List box

Christer Alkerud

Hi

I hope anyone can give me a hint how to continue

I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
the page is also populated with values from the same database.

Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
first list box

Any Suggestion

Jeff Cochran

I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
the page is also populated with values from the same database.
Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
first list box

Client side it's DHTML or JavaScript, using ASP it's a new query to
the server based on a JavaScript trigger of the selection. Google
"ASP Dynamic Dropdown Lists" or the like for lots of examples.

Jeff

Hal Rosser

Christer Alkerud said:
Hi

I hope anyone can give me a hint how to continue

I have an ASP page containing 3 list boxes. When the page is opened the list
boxes are populated with some default values from a database and an array on
the page is also populated with values from the same database.

Depending on the choice in the first list box I want to repopulate the
second list box with values from the array depending on the choice in the
first list box

Any Suggestion

You can submit back to the same page - but you'll have to code it so that if
no querystring then put in the default values, otherwise put in based on
user's choices.