report generation in java

ashutosh

i m using j2ee in my project on windows platform. my backend is MySql.
please tell me what should i use to generate the reports. i can't
purchase any software. please suggest me any software which is free to
use.

Glenn Reynolds

Check out JFreeReport and JFreeChart

Check out itext, which generates PDF and RTF files.

These are all free.

Glenn

JaMess

i m using j2ee in my project on windows platform. my backend is MySql.
please tell me what should i use to generate the reports. i can't
purchase any software. please suggest me any software which is free to
use.

You could use JasperReports. It is based on xml files.
It provides a viewer with print, save as options. It exports files
in pdf, html, ps and some other stuff.
It has support for creating reports from database using queries or
using a datasource made of an array of java bean instances.
Use iReport for graphical editing of the xml report files.

Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Java report and PDF writer

Smart jReport is free to use Java API automatically generate report as Pageable. Input such as text file, RTF, Swing, Chart, Graph, JSP, J2EE output are automatically laid out and a report is generated. Optionally use built in Java Report Model and to input anything; simple text, styled text, image, icon, swing component, JSP and J2EE generated text file, java jtable, and more.

Smart Java Report also support adding Chart and Graph using XML metadata as the input to the Java Report Model and generates Report combining all of these together. The Chart and Graph are built in with the API and you do not need to use another API.

Java Report Model has a build in automated grid or table like layout which is easy to use and place any of the above mentioned components at the cell location and it automatically generates the Pageable.

Generated Pageable can be printed, PDF generated, or converted to TIFF, and Images such as PNG, GIF, JPEG, BMP. Again, these features are all built in and you never have to look for another API.

go to

activetree.com