Reporting ASP

David Morgan

Well M$ seem to favour Crystal Reports but there are many out there. Have
you heard of Google?

Larry Randolf

personally I make any reports from scratch
SQL Statements, loops, calculations, and HTML etc etc

sometimes other things...

I like the control I have and I find it pretty easy to get down and dirty
and do work like that... but yes some people are into crystal reports and it
is quite good

Bob Lehmann

Have you heard of Google?

Have you heard of the "S" that is on your keyboard?

Bob Lehmann

IMRAN SAROIA

Thanks Larry

Larry Randolf said:
personally I make any reports from scratch
SQL Statements, loops, calculations, and HTML etc etc

sometimes other things...

I like the control I have and I find it pretty easy to get down and dirty
and do work like that... but yes some people are into crystal reports and it
is quite good

Bob Lehmann

Is this some sort of microsoft religion?
Why would you say that, $tefan?

Bob Lehmann

Bob Lehmann

You're welcome. Even the paranoid, such as yourself, $tefan, need
affirmation now and then.

But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
of a "$", instead of a "S", could be construed as religious, $tefan.

Bob Lehmann

Stefan Berglund

in said:
You're welcome. Even the paranoid, such as yourself, $tefan, need
affirmation now and then.

But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
of a "$", instead of a "S", could be construed as religious, $tefan.

Bob Lehmann

Clearly our opinions of what constitute childish behavior differ.

middletree

But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
of a "$", instead of a "S",

I think the "have you ever heard of google" remark was even more childish.

Larry Bud

IMRAN said:
Hi,

What is the best option for report in classical asp.
Please advise

For a cheap solution, create everything for Excel. See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoffxml/html/ofxml2k.asp

My just adding the following to your HTML

Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","filename=myreport.xls"

Your HTML table will automatically load into Excel. Because of this,
you can use any of the Excel formulas in each cell, so if you want to
do totals, all you need to keep track of is the column and row that
you're on to properly write a formula.

Another cool feature is the "outline" feature in Excel. By just adding
a simple style to your <TR> tag, Excel will group those cells together.