    Hi,

    What is the best option for report in classical asp.
    Please advise
    IMRAN SAROIA, Dec 14, 2005

  2. IMRAN SAROIA

    David Morgan Guest

    Well M$ seem to favour Crystal Reports but there are many out there. Have
    you heard of Google?

    David Morgan, Dec 15, 2005

  3. personally I make any reports from scratch
    SQL Statements, loops, calculations, and HTML etc etc

    sometimes other things...

    I like the control I have and I find it pretty easy to get down and dirty
    and do work like that... but yes some people are into crystal reports and it
    is quite good

    Larry Randolf, Dec 15, 2005
  4. IMRAN SAROIA

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    >>Have you heard of Google?

    Have you heard of the "S" that is on your keyboard?

    Bob Lehmann

    "David Morgan" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Bob Lehmann, Dec 15, 2005
  5. IMRAN SAROIA

    IMRAN SAROIA Guest

    Thanks Larry

    IMRAN SAROIA, Dec 15, 2005
  6. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:07:22 -0700, "Bob Lehmann" <>
    wrote:
    in <#Ut$>

    >>>Have you heard of Google?

    >Have you heard of the "S" that is on your keyboard?

    Is this some sort of microsoft religion?

    ---
    Stefan Berglund
    Stefan Berglund, Dec 15, 2005
  7. IMRAN SAROIA

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    > Is this some sort of microsoft religion?
    Why would you say that, $tefan?

    Bob Lehmann

    "Stefan Berglund" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:07:22 -0700, "Bob Lehmann"

    <>

    Bob Lehmann, Dec 16, 2005
  8. On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:07:44 -0700, "Bob Lehmann" <>
    wrote:
    in <>

    >> Is this some sort of microsoft religion?

    >Why would you say that, $tefan?

    Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

    ---
    Stefan Berglund
    Stefan Berglund, Dec 16, 2005
  9. IMRAN SAROIA

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    You're welcome. Even the paranoid, such as yourself, $tefan, need
    affirmation now and then.

    But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
    of a "$", instead of a "S", could be construed as religious, $tefan.

    Bob Lehmann, Dec 16, 2005
  10. On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:15:26 -0700, "Bob Lehmann" <>
    wrote:
    in <>

    >You're welcome. Even the paranoid, such as yourself, $tefan, need
    >affirmation now and then.
    >
    >But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
    >of a "$", instead of a "S", could be construed as religious, $tefan.
    >
    >Bob Lehmann

    Clearly our opinions of what constitute childish behavior differ.

    ---
    Stefan Berglund
    Stefan Berglund, Dec 16, 2005
  11. IMRAN SAROIA

    middletree Guest

    > But, I still would like to know how someone commenting on the childish use
    > of a "$", instead of a "S",

    I think the "have you ever heard of google" remark was even more childish.
    middletree, Dec 16, 2005
  12. IMRAN SAROIA

    Larry Bud Guest

    IMRAN SAROIA wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What is the best option for report in classical asp.
    > Please advise

    For a cheap solution, create everything for Excel. See

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoffxml/html/ofxml2k.asp

    My just adding the following to your HTML

    Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition","filename=myreport.xls"

    Your HTML table will automatically load into Excel. Because of this,
    you can use any of the Excel formulas in each cell, so if you want to
    do totals, all you need to keep track of is the column and row that
    you're on to properly write a formula.

    Another cool feature is the "outline" feature in Excel. By just adding
    a simple style to your <TR> tag, Excel will group those cells together.
    Larry Bud, Dec 16, 2005
  13. IMRAN SAROIA

    IMRAN SAROIA Guest

    Oh ! Thanks, I never thought about this solution before.

    IMRAN SAROIA, Dec 20, 2005