Reporting in ASP.NET with VB

Charles

Hello,
I need to ad some reports (Invoicing,AR Aging) to my VB
ASP.NET project.
And would like to use stored procedures for the data
calls.
Any suggestions?
Charles

Kevin Spencer

Can you be more specific? What kind of suggestions are you looking for?

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Big things are made up of
lots of Little things.

Bassel Tabbara [MSFT]

Hello Charles,

Have you seen the samples on asp.net web site? They have samples on
Reports.
You can check them at:
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=47
Also:
Using ASP.NET to Create Multi-Page Custom Reports
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html
/aspnetcustrep.asp

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET
http://202.140.137.42/polivet/UploadDir/Article/I20034291134/crnet_web_app_p
rinting.pdf

I hope you find these web sites useful.

Thanks,
Bassel Tabbara
Microsoft, ASP.NET

--------------------
| From: Charles Wildner <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Reporting in ASP.NET with VB
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:38:21 -0700
|
| Questions on Reporting in ASP.NET using VB
| 1. What is the easiest way to Print ?
| ie the user will see the order in an ASP.NET page
| and there will be a button that says "Print Invoice"
| I want to generate the data from a stored procedure
| passing it only the Invoice #.
|
| a. will Crystal Reports that can with VS 2003 allow
| you to use stored procedures? if so where can I
| find an example?
| b. can I build the print process using ASP, html
| outputting to a print buffer?
|
| 2. I would like one standardized process that is flexiable enough for
| all of my printing needs in ASP.NET & VB. The user will only press the
| button. Any suggestions?
|
| Charles
|

| Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
ASP.NET Reporting

To generate a printable report from an ASP.NET page you will need some type of reporting software. You could use Crystal Reports, Active Reports or any number of report designers available. I use a .NET Component that converts HTML to PDF. You can then print the PDF file.

Convert HTML to PDF in ASP.NET

Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
asp.net reporting solution suggestion

Hi Charles,

I'll post this for the benefit of the thread. More recently, I also had to implement an asp.net mixed c#/ vb / vb.net reporting solution for an existing application. It had to pull from stored procedures, views and some cubes via mdx. In the end, we looked at crystal and sql reporting services, but I needed code level integration because the look and feel of the reporting had to match the apps. So we found this built for OEM product and it worked for us. Maybe it will help you guys out.

http://www.izenda.com/

Good Luck, Cheers!