    these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?

    --
    Brendan Reynolds

    Brendan Reynolds, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Brendan Reynolds

    Karl Seguin Guest

    well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain assemblies/namespaces.

    It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.
    What version are you using? Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Nov 21, 2005

  3. "Karl Seguin" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net>
    wrote in message news:...
    > well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain
    > assemblies/namespaces.

    Ah! Got it, thanks! :)

    That solved the problem for me, but if you're still curious here are the
    answers to your questions ...

    > It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.

    Just the web reference, not other references.

    > What version are you using?

    1.32

    > Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?

    Yes.

    Brendan Reynolds, Nov 21, 2005