Reporting Services and FXCop

Brendan Reynolds

When I run FxCop on an ASP.NET app that has a reference to the reporting
services web reference, I get a very long list of 'errors' that are not in
my code, but in the web service. As there isn't anything that I can do about
these 'errors' is there a way to tell FxCop to ignore the reference?

Karl Seguin

well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain assemblies/namespaces.

It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.
What version are you using? Are you simply adding the 1 assembly to fxcop?

Karl

Brendan Reynolds

Karl Seguin said:
well, in the target you can expand and exlude certain
assemblies/namespaces.

Ah! Got it, thanks! :)

That solved the problem for me, but if you're still curious here are the
answers to your questions ...
It's funny though, FxCop doesn't automatically check my referenced dlls.

Just the web reference, not other references.