    a new project. What am I missing and do I need to install something that I
    missed? Thanks.

    David
    David C, Dec 29, 2008

  2. David C

    Norman Yuan Guest

    No you cannot use convert SQL Server2005 reporting service project to
    VS2008. The reporting services project template is brought in by SQL
    Server's Business Intelligent Development Studio (a strip-down version of
    VS2005). When your computer have a version of VS2005(Std, Pro, Team)
    installed, SQL Server2005's BI Studio will merge into your existing VS2005
    installation, so you can find reporting services project type in your
    VS2005. However.

    To do SQL Server2005 reporting project, you need to keep the .rptproj in
    VS2005. Period. Since you have already get VS2008 installed, you can do all
    VS2005 can do except for SQL Server2005 RS project, you can remove VS2005
    and only keep SQL Server2005 BI studio (a lean version of VS2005). However,
    I am not sure if you need to reinstall BI Studio if you remove VS2005. If
    you have a huge HD, I'd recommend keep VS2005 unchanged.

    Norman Yuan, Dec 29, 2008