    login errors or errors like "a data source instance has not been
    supplied..."

    Thanks for your help

    BillE, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Use a connection string that allows access to the data in the report. You
    can then always hit that site. If you only want certain people to be able to
    hit the site, add headers. Not completely safe, if this is an Internet site,
    but fine for Intranet. If you want more security, issue X.509 certificates
    and use them to allow or deny access. A bit more painful, but certainly more
    secure.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Mar 20, 2007

  3. BillE

    BillE Guest

    Thanks for the response, I appreciate it - I've been struggling with this
    for days.

    I have been trying to replace the original datasource which I used to create
    the report with a data table I populate at run time using the current login
    information, but when I call ReportViewer.LocalReport.DataSources.Clear(),
    and add a new ReportDataSource, I get an exception "A data source instance
    has not been supplied for the data source".

    Is this not possible?

    Thanks again
    Bill

    message news:...