reportlab - ttf justify

maeckle

hi,

i'm working with reportlab since a couple of weeks and i managed to
create quite nice pdfs...
there is a little problem though. since i have to create english and
russian content, i use the utf8 support of registered ttf's. the only
thing is that it does not support the justify-alignment in paragraph
flowables!
is there a way to fix that?

thanks alot
jm

Robin Becker

maeckle said:
hi,

i'm working with reportlab since a couple of weeks and i managed to
create quite nice pdfs...
there is a little problem though. since i have to create english and
russian content, i use the utf8 support of registered ttf's. the only
thing is that it does not support the justify-alignment in paragraph
flowables!
is there a way to fix that?

thanks alot
jm

Hi, you'll get better response from the reportlab-users list at

The ttf support has been significantly improved in an svn branch. re-ask on that
list giving your current version.

I believe the problem with ttf justification was related to using space as a
splitting character in dynamically subsetted fonts. Someone posted a fix for
that problem to the users list and I think that has gone in to the code now, but
I'm not sure if it is on the stable branch or not.

maeckle

Robin said:
Hi, you'll get better response from the reportlab-users list at

The ttf support has been significantly improved in an svn branch. re-ask
on that list giving your current version.

I believe the problem with ttf justification was related to using space
as a splitting character in dynamically subsetted fonts. Someone posted
a fix for that problem to the users list and I think that has gone in to
the code now, but I'm not sure if it is on the stable branch or not.

thank you, that helped me alot!

cheers
jm

maeckle

hi,

no success at the reportlab-users list.

i also applied the 'spaces patch to fix para splitting'-patch but it's
still not justifying the text...

is there an other solution?

thanks alot!!
jm