    is there a way to fix that?

    thanks alot
    jm
    maeckle, Jan 19, 2006

  2. maeckle

    Robin Becker Guest

    maeckle wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i'm working with reportlab since a couple of weeks and i managed to
    > create quite nice pdfs...
    > there is a little problem though. since i have to create english and
    > russian content, i use the utf8 support of registered ttf's. the only
    > thing is that it does not support the justify-alignment in paragraph
    > flowables!
    > is there a way to fix that?
    >
    > thanks alot
    > jm

    Hi, you'll get better response from the reportlab-users list at

    The ttf support has been significantly improved in an svn branch. re-ask on that
    list giving your current version.

    I believe the problem with ttf justification was related to using space as a
    splitting character in dynamically subsetted fonts. Someone posted a fix for
    that problem to the users list and I think that has gone in to the code now, but
    I'm not sure if it is on the stable branch or not.
    --
    Robin Becker
    Robin Becker, Jan 19, 2006

  3. maeckle

    maeckle Guest

    Robin Becker schrieb:
    > maeckle wrote:
    >> hi,
    >>
    >> i'm working with reportlab since a couple of weeks and i managed to
    >> create quite nice pdfs...
    >> there is a little problem though. since i have to create english and
    >> russian content, i use the utf8 support of registered ttf's. the only
    >> thing is that it does not support the justify-alignment in paragraph
    >> flowables!
    >> is there a way to fix that?
    >>
    >> thanks alot
    >> jm

    > Hi, you'll get better response from the reportlab-users list at

    > The ttf support has been significantly improved in an svn branch. re-ask
    > on that list giving your current version.
    >
    > I believe the problem with ttf justification was related to using space
    > as a splitting character in dynamically subsetted fonts. Someone posted
    > a fix for that problem to the users list and I think that has gone in to
    > the code now, but I'm not sure if it is on the stable branch or not.

    thank you, that helped me alot!

    cheers
    jm
    maeckle, Jan 19, 2006
  4. maeckle

    maeckle Guest

    hi,

    no success at the reportlab-users list.

    i also applied the 'spaces patch to fix para splitting'-patch but it's
    still not justifying the text...

    is there an other solution?

    thanks alot!!
    jm