Reports and the ReportViewer

ME

I want to generate a simple report that will display information from my
customer table in a report format. I created a simple Customers.rdlc file
that contains three text boxes bound to

=First(Fields!Name.Value)
=First(Fields!Address.Value)
=First(Fields!Contact.Value)

placed a ReportViewer Control on one of my aspx pages. I selected the
Customers.rdlc file and accepted the default datasource it generated. (I am
using a Typed Dataset Object as my source)

Trouble is it doesn't work. I get nothing in the report at run time. If I
change my datasource so that it looks at the Customers dataAdapter of the
Typed dataset I manage to get a single report but it will not display any
more than 1 report. If I remove the "First" aggragete expression from my
customer report fields I get "ERROR" at run time.

Is there something I a missing here? Does anyone have, or know of, a
tutorial that can guide me through creating a simple report that doesn't use
SQL Reporting Services?

Thanks,

Matt

Dubravko

ME said:
[...]

Have you fill your dataset, it looks like dataset is empty.

Regards D

Ranko

ME said:
[...]

If you want to display all records then:
- Open your report file (customer.rdlc)
- Instead of textboxes you can use Table component from Toolbox (drag it
on report)
- Then drag field from datatable to first column in middle row (details)
of table component, then second field from datatable to second column etc.
- First row is header and third is footer
- When finished click in left-upper corner of Table component to select
it and in Proprties pick DataSetName
That's it.

ME

But I need each customer on a SEPERATE page. This method puts them all on a
single page and drastically reduces my formating. If all I wanted was a
table I would use a different approach than a report (i.e., an HTML table or
datagrid).

Thanks,

Matt