ReportViewer and Publish Options

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Bill44077, Dec 10, 2006.

  1. Bill44077

    Bill44077 Guest

    Hi,

    I have an asp.net web app in which we are using the ReportViewer. It works
    great in VS2005 but I found that when I publish the website using VS2005 as
    long as I use "Allow this precompiled site to be updateable" everything works
    fine. If I publish without this option checked as I'd like to use not
    updateable and "Use fixed naming and single page assemblies" the report will
    not run and I get this error:

    An error occurred during local report processing.
    The definition of the report 'Main Report' is invalid.
    The report definition is not valid. Details: Data at the root level is
    invalid. Line 1, position 1.

    I get the same error if I uncheck the "Use fixed naming and single page
    assemblies" as well. Probably just something I don't understand, but I would
    think that you could use any of the Options on the Publishing mode and they
    would all work.

    Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA,
    Bill
    Bill44077, Dec 10, 2006