ReportViewer control - Remote processing mode

Raghu

I have developed a web portal that uses ReportViewer web control to
connect to a remote SQL 2005 Report server and displays the reports on
the client side. The asp.net page has been coded to automatically
impersonate a specific user who has access to the report server so that
the customer don't get a pop-up asking for login credentials. Once the
report has been displayed in the Report viewer control, I am getting an
error when I click on Refresh, exports, ... buttons on the reportviewer
toolbar.. Can someone please help me resolve this.

Here is the error description:

Execution session has expired

Exception Details: System.Exception: Execution session has expired

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Execution session has expired]

Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerIdentityStore.GetCredentials(String
controlID) +151
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerIdentityStore.GetCredentials(Guid
controlID) +21
Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.LoadViewState(Object
savedState) +458
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +251
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList
childState) +142
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +292
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadChildViewStateByIndex(ArrayList
childState) +142
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadViewStateRecursive(Object savedState) +292
System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +513
+2533

Raghavendra Ramakrishna

Thanks for your reply. I was able to make some options in the
ReportViewer toolbar to work. I just changed the "EnableViewState"
property of Reportviewer control from True to False. After making this
change the PageWidth & Refresh button works fine. But, I am not able to
export or print the report. Please help.

Guest

What error do you get when exporting?
Or
Do you want to know how to export it to Excel?

Raghu

When the EnableViewState is set to True and I click on Export (after
selecting a report format, excel, etc), I get the following error:
"Execution session has expired"

When the EnableViewState of ReportViewer control is set to false, and I
click on export button, nothing happens. the reporviewer control just
gets refreshed.

The page navigation button too doesn't work in both the cases. error:
"Page navigation is out of range "

I have used the code from the following blog to automatically
impersonate a specific user.
http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2005/11/18/494436.aspx

I am not sure if the problem is with the code or the ReportViewer
control. But, using the above code the report gets displayed correctly
without any pop-up asking for user credentials. I would like the page
navigation and report export feature of reportview control to work
successfully without any error.