ReportViewer export to PDF = PDF[1].

Richard Coltrane

Hi there,

I have the web version of the report viewer control stuffed into a webpage.
Everything works great except for the export to pdf option. When i choose
this option the document type is set to .pdf[1] instead of .pdf. Of course
when saved to the harddisk the file name is then "mypdfdoc.pdf[1]". So when
a user double clicks on it, it does not open because ".pdf[1]" is not
aregistered file type, and they subsequently complain that it's "broken"....
which i guess it is.

The work around is to "manually" set the doc type to "All Files" and type in
the save to document name as "mypdfdodc.pdf". Not to bad for you and me but
then this whole thing becomes a user support issue. So does anyone know how
to make it work as it "should" i.e. just .pdf not .pdf[1].

Thanks

Richard

Richard Coltrane

For anyone thats interested; the solution is quite basic;just set the
display name property of the report.

Richard