ReportViewer Full Trust Required?

DanL

Microsoft recommends to Hosting sites that they configure for MEDIUM Trust.

It appears that the ReportViewer control, that is its supporting libraries,
require FULL trust.

So:

1) DOES ReportViewer require Full Trust as my Hosting site insists. (Refuses
to load it in addition because of this Full Trust requirement).

2) Is there any kind of workaroud - or am I simply out of luck and cannot
use the ReportViewer control.

Thanks,
Dan

Jesse Houwing

DanL said:
Microsoft recommends to Hosting sites that they configure for MEDIUM Trust.

It appears that the ReportViewer control, that is its supporting libraries,
require FULL trust.

So:

1) DOES ReportViewer require Full Trust as my Hosting site insists. (Refuses
to load it in addition because of this Full Trust requirement).

2) Is there any kind of workaroud - or am I simply out of luck and cannot
use the ReportViewer control.

The reportviewer uses native/com dll's. These require Full Trust. I
don't know a workaround for that except raising the trust.

There are a few "fully managed" solutions out there though, but these
would require you to rewrite the reports.

DevExpress has one (http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/XtraReports/)
So has DataDynamics
(http://www.datadynamics.com/Products/ProductOverview.aspx?Product=ARNET2)

Jesse Houwing