    Dan
    --
    DanL

    DanL, Jun 11, 2006

  2. DanL wrote:
    > Microsoft recommends to Hosting sites that they configure for MEDIUM Trust.
    >
    > It appears that the ReportViewer control, that is its supporting libraries,
    > require FULL trust.
    >
    > So:
    >
    > 1) DOES ReportViewer require Full Trust as my Hosting site insists. (Refuses
    > to load it in addition because of this Full Trust requirement).
    >
    > 2) Is there any kind of workaroud - or am I simply out of luck and cannot
    > use the ReportViewer control.

    The reportviewer uses native/com dll's. These require Full Trust. I
    don't know a workaround for that except raising the trust.

    There are a few "fully managed" solutions out there though, but these
    would require you to rewrite the reports.

    DevExpress has one (http://www.devexpress.com/Products/NET/XtraReports/)
    So has DataDynamics
    (http://www.datadynamics.com/Products/ProductOverview.aspx?Product=ARNET2)

    Jesse Houwing