ReportViewer - ReportViewerWebControl.axd - query string problem withName URL Parameter

sajjad.mussani

Hi,

I have a ReportViewer control on my aspx page which is creating a
report when a user clicks on some button. The problem is that it
cannot find the Scripts.ReportViewer.js file as the querystring (auto
generated by asp.net) has an error.

In my case, I am getting the following error:

Exception type: System.ArgumentException

Exception message: Missing URL parameter: Name

After doing some research, I think the problem is in the querystring:
OpType=Resource&Version=8.0.50727.42&Name=Scripts.ReportViewer.js

"&" before the Name parameter is generating the error. If I
replace the "&" with "&" and try to access the .js file then
everything works fine. The problem is that I don't know where is the
code that generates this querystring???

my web.config file has the following httphandlers

<httpHandlers>

<remove path="*.asmx" verb="*" />

<add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*"
type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler,
Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false" />

</httpHandlers>

Thanks for your help.

Sajjad