ReportViewer web page annoyingly jumps when user drills down into data

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by dbuchanan, Jun 20, 2008.

  1. dbuchanan

    dbuchanan Guest

    I am using the matrix data provider.

    The drilldown report opens in collapse form. When the user clicks the plus
    sign to drill into the data the whole page very annoyingly jumps up throwing
    the header up and off screen, and moving the footer into view. This is not
    way the customer wants.

    How can this irritating activity be suppressed?

    Before:

    |--------------------------------------------------
    |--------------------------------------------------

    | --------------------
    | | column | column |
    |--------------------------------------------------
    | [+] Level 1 | data | data |
    |--------------------------------------------------

    After:
    | --------------------
    | | column | column |
    |--------------------------------------------------
    | [-] Level 1 | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
    | ------------------------------------
    | | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
    | ------------------------------------
    | | [+] Level 2 | data | data |
    |--------------------------------------------------

    |--------------------------------------------------
    | Page Footer
    |--------------------------------------------------

    Thanks,
    Doug

    dbuchanan, Jun 20, 2008

  2. Hi Doug,

    Thank you for posting here!

    I notice that you have posted the same question in our Exchange2003.Admin
    newsgroup, which I have already responded. So please check my answer there
    and if you need any further assistance on this particular issue, please
    reply to me in that thread so I can follow up with you in time.

    Thank you and have a nice day!

    Best regards,
    Charles Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    ications.

    Note: The MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for
    non-urgent issues where an initial response from the community
    or a Microsoft Support Engineer within 1 business day is acceptable.
    Please note that each follow up response may take approximately
    2 business days as the support professional working with you may
    need further investigation to reach the most efficient resolution.
    The offering is not appropriate for situations
    handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by
    contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at

    Charles Wang [MSFT], Jun 20, 2008