    may shed more light of this subject?

    Please help. Much thanks.
    ~Js.

    John Smith, Apr 22, 2004

  2. John Smith

    GL Guest

    The RDP protocol (Terminal Server) encrypts the data at adjustable levels.

    If I recall the settings are as follows:
    It can be configured for "Low" where only data sent to the server is
    encrypted (I think at 56-bit), meaning your username and password for login
    will be encrypted along with anything else sent to the server. It can be set
    to "Medium" where data both to and from the server is encrypted (I think at
    56-bit). Or it can be set to "High" where all traffic is encrypted at the
    highest level supported by the client.

    GL

    "John Smith" <.@.> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a question regarding password and remote communication.
    > If I access another computer remotely using the Remote Desktop client
    > without using VPN, will my username and password be sent in the clear to

    the

    GL, Apr 22, 2004

  3. John Smith

    John Smith Guest