Repost - Menu on user control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chris Davoli, May 17, 2007.

  1. Chris Davoli

    Chris Davoli Guest

    I put a menu on a user control (ascx) so that I can put the user control on
    all web pages (aspx) and have one central location ie; the header user
    control in this case, but it has problems.

    1.) After the first submit of the page, if you mouse over the top level menu
    item, they don't collapse when you go from top level menu item to top level
    menu item. All menu items just gets frozen in the down position.

    2.) It can't find the stylesheet even though the style sheet is on the web
    page.

    I've tried putting a panel around the menu, but that doesn't help. Also
    tried to put the menu on a master page, but then the menu is goofy and
    uncollapsed. The menu works on a regular aspx page.

    Any suggestions?

    --
    Chris Davoli

    Chris Davoli, May 17, 2007

  2. Chris Davoli

    KyleK Guest

    Chris,

    View the source and make sure that it is rendering the html for the
    mouseover? If it is not getting rendered properly it could be the control
    isn't being added to the page before it finishes beign built. This could be
    caused by which event that you are loading the control in.
    --
    Kyle Kelin
    ..NET Developer

    KyleK, May 17, 2007