REPOST - Parent List Data Item!

Adam Knight

Hi all,

I am really trying to find a solution to this problem.

I have a pair of nested data lists.

I want to retrieve a current value out of the parent lists DataItem object
(?.?.Container.DataItem) , inside a template within the child list.
This happens while the page is databinding, obviously using
Container.DataItem for all other page values.

Can anyone help me with this?

No item is being selected in the parent list, so the selected index won't
achieve what i am after.

Cheers,
Adam

Adam Knight

Hi all,

This is one solution i have come up with..

It appears a little clumsy to me though???

<%#
CType(Container.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent,DataListItem).DataItem("standard_id")
%>
If retrieves the CURRENT list item of the parent list..and accesses the
DataItem Object.

Cheers,
Adam