    disabled anonymous access of my web application too from the IIS console.

    From my own machine, the webapp works perfectly.

    But when someone else tries to access it, they get error message

    credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a
    WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to
    accept. "

    What can I do to fix this error message?

    Thanks for your help in advance.

    regards,
    Abhishek.

    Abhishek Srivastava, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Hello All,

    I was able to solve the problem. I added my IP address to the "don't use
    proxy list" and other machines were able to use the ASP.NET page.

    But now I am even more confuse ... why does it matter whether I connect
    using the proxy or not? Does Windows based authentication work only when
    no proxy is used???

    Please help because now it is even more confusing.

    regards,
    Abhishek.

    Abhishek Srivastava, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Abhishek Srivastava

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    NTLM Authentication doesn't work through some proxies because it requires a
    end-to-end session. See here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...003/proddocs/standard/sec_auth_intwinauth.asp

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Abhishek Srivastava" <> wrote in message
    : Hello All,
    :
    : I was able to solve the problem. I added my IP address to the "don't use
    : proxy list" and other machines were able to use the ASP.NET page.
    :
    : But now I am even more confuse ... why does it matter whether I connect
    : using the proxy or not? Does Windows based authentication work only when
    : no proxy is used???
    :
    : Please help because now it is even more confusing.
    :
    : regards,
    : Abhishek.
    :