repost:Response.Redirect problem

sp

Hi;

I am using Mobile ASP.NET v2.0 to develop a mobile accessible site and I
encountered a problem with some of the phones, where Response.Redirect
(behind button click) does not work - Server.Transfer however does work?
Any ideas as to why this is occurring?

Many thanks,
-sp

Egil Hogholt

Hi.
ASP.NET sends a 302 "error" to the client with the new url when you call
Response.Redirect. Many older wap devices do not support these redirects.

You can use RedirectToMobilePage() or return a wml page like this to the
client:
<?xml version='1.0'?><!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC '-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN'
'http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml'>
<wml>
<head>
</head>
<card title=' '>
</card>
</wml>

Server.transfer works as it happens internally on the server. ASP.NET
transfer the execution from the current aspx page to another aspx page
without notifing the client.

Cheers,
Egil
http://www.egilh.com/