Representing Meta Data using an XML Schema

Discussion in 'XML' started by Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I'm looking for a way to represent meta data
    using an XML Schema. However, I'm running into
    a small problem:

    1. I want to have meaningfull XML tags
    2. I want my meta data to be able to extend
    "runtime".

    So my XML message for meta data could be:

    <?xml ... ?>
    <metadata>
    <smtp-gateway>
    <message-id>abcdeehkfhksa</message-id>
    <received-by index=0>abc.org</received-by>
    <received-by index=1>abcd.org</received-by>
    <from></from>
    <to></to>
    </smtp-gateway>
    </metadata>

    I actually only want to validate the structure and
    some types of the xml message: metadata consists of
    sections, which are keys with values or
    indexed keys with values. index is of type integer,
    key is of type "element", etc.

    Is this possible?

    Best regards,

    Hans Oesterholt