Representing Meta Data using an XML Schema

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to represent meta data
using an XML Schema. However, I'm running into
a small problem:

1. I want to have meaningfull XML tags
2. I want my meta data to be able to extend
"runtime".

So my XML message for meta data could be:

<?xml ... ?>
<metadata>
<smtp-gateway>
<message-id>abcdeehkfhksa</message-id>
<received-by index=0>abc.org</received-by>
<received-by index=1>abcd.org</received-by>
<from>[email protected]</from>
<to>[email protected]</to>
</smtp-gateway>
</metadata>

I actually only want to validate the structure and
some types of the xml message: metadata consists of
sections, which are keys with values or
indexed keys with values. index is of type integer,
key is of type "element", etc.

Is this possible?

Best regards,

Hans Oesterholt