Req - C/C++/Unix-Fulltime Position

Discussion in 'C++' started by abhi, Oct 3, 2005.

  1. abhi

    abhi Guest

    Hello,
    My name is Abhilash and I am recruiting for an experienced
    Bioinformatics Programmer. This opportunity is permanent, full-time,
    and on site in Bethesda/Rockville, MD.

    The opportunity is with a team that has been tasked with providing
    scientific computing support for national and international research
    and development projects in Bioinformatics, Genomics, and Proteomics.
    Our clients produce some of the largest and most rapidly growing
    repositories of public biomedical data and analysis tools in the world.
    These tasks require the candidate to understand properties of given
    data and existing software, the ability to experiment with technical
    algorithms, and the skills to develop and maintain software.

    Position: C/C++/Unix/MS

    Requirement:

    Candidates should possess a degree (preferably minimum of MS) and
    experience preferred in a scientific or mathematical related field.
    Position requires experience working with complex applications
    programs, expertise programming in C or C++ in a UNIX environment,
    proficiency in design and analysis of combinatorial algorithms.
    Experience improving other's production software and/or its algorithms
    is a plus.

    1. Prior to me contacting you, I will need an MS Word copy of your
    resume.
    2. The next step in the process is for you to complete the attached
    Questionnaire.
    Questions:

    · What is the reason you are looking for a new opportunity?
    · Please explain how your experience/skills match the job
    description.
    · How many years of professional experience with C/C++ and/or PERL
    programming do you have?
    · If you are not in the DC Metro area is it conducive for you to
    relocate? (Relocation expenses are incurred at the cost of our Client.)

    · If you are in the DC Metro area, is a commute to the Bethesda area
    conducive for you?
    · Are you eligible to work in the USA indefinitely? (Do you require
    any form of sponsorship? H1-B and Permanent Residency sponsorships will
    be provided, should you require.)
    · What are your current salary/expectations? (A range must be
    provided.)

    The Client is actively interviewing applicants.
    Hence, if you are interested, I request you to please reply to this
    email as soon as possible with answers to questions.
    abhi, Oct 3, 2005

  2. * abhi:

    off-topic, read the faq

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
    Alf P. Steinbach, Oct 3, 2005

  3. abhi

    abhi Guest

    Sorry alf,

    I wont post it again, let me know if you know any resources where i can
    get c++ guys.

    Thanks..
    abhi, Oct 3, 2005
  4. abhi

    mlimber Guest

    abhi wrote:
    > Sorry alf,
    >
    > I wont post it again, let me know if you know any resources where i can
    > get c++ guys.
    >
    > Thanks..

    Monster.com

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Oct 3, 2005
  5. abhi wrote:
    > Sorry alf,

    Alf's name is spelled starting with a capital letter, BTW. If you insist
    on your own to be spelled with a small 'a', it doesn't necessarily mean
    everybody wants to be treated like a noun.

    > I wont post it again, let me know if you know any resources where i can
    > get c++ guys.

    http://www.monster.com

    And I still doubt you can "get" them. They are not groceries.
    Victor Bazarov, Oct 3, 2005
  6. abhi

    Jaspreet Guest

    abhi wrote:
    > Sorry alf,
    >
    > I wont post it again, let me know if you know any resources where i can
    > get c++ guys.
    >
    > Thanks..

    Off-topic.

    My 2 cents:
    Improve upon your English skills first. C++ programmers are not
    potatoes which can you can 'get' from a Walmart or a K-Mart.

    Again, improve upon your English skills.
    Jaspreet, Oct 3, 2005