    Can someone reply with the HTML code that will do the job?

    Thanks

    , Sep 21, 2003

  2. rf Guest

    Re: Help me code an HTML line please

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a file 'index.htm' in my root directory.
    >
    > It contains several url's for selective execution just fine.
    >
    > But I have a program also in the root directory called 'setup.exe'
    > that I also want to execute selectively from the 'index.htm' file.
    > I can't get it right.

    > Can someone reply with the HTML code that will do the job?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 21, 2003

    Re: Re: Help me code an HTML line please

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:43:54 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    I tried this, but I got an error message when I executed 'index.htm':

    c:\docume~1\mylogin\locals~1\temp\7nn868vw.exe could not be saved,
    because the source file could not be read.

    Try again later or contact the server administrator.

    I got the same error when I made several of my own tries earlier.

    Can you make any sense out of this?

    Thanks

    , Sep 21, 2003
  4. rf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 23:43:54 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:
    >

    > >Cheers
    > >Richard.
    > >

    > I tried this, but I got an error message when I executed 'index.htm':
    >
    > c:\docume~1\mylogin\locals~1\temp\7nn868vw.exe could not be saved,
    > because the source file could not be read.
    >
    > Try again later or contact the server administrator.
    >

    > I got the same error when I made several of my own tries earlier.
    >
    > Can you make any sense out of this?

    Where is the HTML file, in your root with setup.exe?

    If not then <a href="/setup.exe">Setup</a>

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 21, 2003

    Re: Re: Re: Help me code an HTML line please

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:47:18 GMT, "rf" <> wrote:

    >Where is the HTML file, in your root with setup.exe?
    >
    >If not then <a href="/setup.exe">Setup</a>
    >
    >Cheers
    >Richard.

    Okay - I tried to make my question simple to make replies easier, but
    I still cannot get it to work. So let me try to explain in detail
    what I am doing.

    I am using OpenOffice.org v1.1 to create .sxw files containing
    documents of my household inventory because of this danged hurricane.
    I use OpenOffice.org because it is free! It seems to work for me just
    fine BTW

    I want to put these documents on a CD for recall later in case of a
    disaster. I have done that just fine.

    Then, I thought, I should put the OpenOffice.org installation files on
    the same CD so that the inventory files can be read. Seemed a prudent
    thing to do. It would make the CD self-supporting.

    The OpenOffice.org installation package contains several files,
    including 'setup.exe' and 'setup.inf'. Double clicking 'setup.exe'
    naturally installs it.

    I have my inventory .sxw files stored in folder
    c:\my_data\inventory\inventory-data. I stored a copy of the
    OpenOffice.org installation package in folder
    c:\my_data\inventory\Open-Office-Installation, including setup.exe and
    setup.inf.

    I created 'autorun.inf' and 'index.htm' HTML files in folder
    c:\my_data\inventory in order to make the ensuing CD autostart.

    I then created a CD of everything under folder c:\my_data\inventory on
    a CD under its root. The CD autostarts just fine, and the link to
    inventory-data gives links to all the .sxw inventory files just fine.
    And since OpenOffice.org is already installed on my HDD, I can view
    the inventory files. The link to install OpenOffice.org does not
    work, however. It fails whether I execute the index.htm file from a
    CD or from my HDD.

    The index.htm line for the inventory files link is:
    </a>. This works fine.

    The index.htm line for the OpenOffice.org installation link is:
    </a>. This does not work.

    I hope I have stated things correctly and I will appreciate being told
    what I am doing wrong.

    Thanks

    , Sep 21, 2003

    Re: Help me code an HTML line please - It works!

    Hey - I got it to work!

    All I had to do was make htm and html files be opened by IExplorer and
    not Netscape.

    No idea what is wrong with my Nescape (v7.1). I thought I had the
    latest. But something is clearly wrong with my installation.

    Thanks for your helps.

    , Sep 21, 2003