REQ: Help needed please...

John

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the direction of a script which would get a
list of files from a specified folder and then store them in an array.

I guess i could write my own, but i don't have the time or necessary
experience.

Many thanks.

Lee

John said:
Hi all

Can anyone point me in the direction of a script which would get a
list of files from a specified folder and then store them in an array.

I guess i could write my own, but i don't have the time or necessary
experience.

In what environment? On the server, in a web page, in a WSH script?

Lee

John said:
In a web page.

Then, no. You can't normally read the user's filesystem from
a web page. CERT currently advises against using browsers that
support ActiveX, which would be the simplest method if the user
were willing to open access to your web page.

Hywel

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the direction of a script which would get a
list of files from a specified folder and then store them in an array.

I guess i could write my own, but i don't have the time or necessary
experience.

Where's the folder - client or server? What server-side facilities are
available?