REQ: Java/J2EE Developer 10 Months

Discussion in 'Python' started by shrikant@coolsoft.cc, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi Partners,

    Please check the following project details. If you are comfortable with
    the requirement. Please send me your resume with the following details
    asap.

    Name of the Consultant
    - Phone Number
    - Email
    - Rate / Salary
    - Availability
    - Location

    Location: Dallas, TX.

    Duration: 10 Months

    Rate: DOE

    Skill:
    --------

    *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl, XML, UML.
    *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of OOA+D.

    *We need 5 server side Java developers, and 5 front end Java devs

    ----------
    Regards

    Shrikant,
    COOLSOFT LLC,
    E-Mail:
    www.coolsoft.com
    502-212-9464

    , Sep 15, 2006

  2. Steve Holden Guest

    wrote:
    [...]
    > Skill:
    > --------
    >
    > *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl, XML, UML.
    > *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of OOA+D.

    Clearly not spam, since the guy is so in touch with the readership of
    this group ... sigh ... is it just me, or is this person an idiot?

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Sep 15, 2006

  3. On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 14:41, Steve Holden wrote:
    > wrote:
    > [...]
    > > Skill:
    > > --------
    > >
    > > *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl, XML, UML.
    > > *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of OOA+D.

    > Clearly not spam, since the guy is so in touch with the readership of
    > this group ... sigh ... is it just me, or is this person an idiot?

    Yes, he is an idiot. Good call on CC'ing your assessment to him. :)

    -Carsten

    Carsten Haese, Sep 15, 2006

    Carsten> Yes, he is an idiot. Good call on CC'ing your assessment to
    Carsten> him. :)

    Steve knows it's good to be subtle with these guys. ;-)

    Skip

    , Sep 15, 2006
  5. Kay Schluehr Guest

    Steve Holden wrote:
    > wrote:
    > [...]
    > > Skill:
    > > --------
    > >
    > > *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl, XML, UML.
    > > *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of OOA+D.

    > Clearly not spam, since the guy is so in touch with the readership of
    > this group ... sigh ... is it just me, or is this person an idiot?

    I'm scared of him. He might be a delegate of the prince of darkness who
    has the coldest touch and the biggest pocket and spreads horror where
    he goes.

    Kay Schluehr, Sep 15, 2006
  6. Tim Chase Guest

    >> *Java, 2 year UNIX - HP / Solaris, 2 yrs OOA+D, Corba, Perl,
    >> XML, UML. *Java dev experience, Swing, JPS, 2 years of
    >> OOA+D.

    > Clearly not spam, since the guy is so in touch with the
    > readership of this group ... sigh ... is it just me, or is
    > this person an idiot?

    Perhaps this is an acknowledgment that any Tom, Dick or Harry
    armed with Python has the equiv. skills of someone with the above
    credentials. Paraphrasing, "you can either have N years of skill
    with complicated toolsets X, Y, and Z, or you can know how to do
    it the easy way with Python."

    Or, as you say, someone needs to send the OP a copy of
    _Recruiting for Dummies_ along with _How not to Crosspost for Idiots_

    Or, perhaps they just have their terminology off. "Corba" is a
    lot like "cobra" which is also a snake, like a Python. ("We've
    got Corba, right here in River City. That starts with 'C' and
    that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for Python!")

    I've gotta stop with the musicals... :)

    -tkc

    Tim Chase, Sep 15, 2006
  7. "Tim Chase" <> wrote:

    > Or, perhaps they just have their terminology off. "Corba" is a
    > lot like "cobra" which is also a snake, like a Python. ("We've
    > got Corba, right here in River City. That starts with 'C' and
    > that rhymes with 'P' and that stands for Python!")
    >
    > I've gotta stop with the musicals... :)
    >
    > -tkc

    Don't you dare!

    LOL - Hendrik