REQ: Why Won't Netscape v7.1 wicept my HTML code?

young

I have coded the following 'index.htm' , and it works fine from HD or
CD when I open it with IExplorer, but not with Netscape v7.1.

<h1>Home Inventory <br>
</h1>
<h2>Inventory taken September 2003<br></h2>

Part 1</a> </p>

Part 2</a> </p>

Installation(setup.exe)
</a> </p>

When I execute this 'index.htm', and double click on any of the href
lines, it either does nothing or gives me a message like:

c:\docume~1\mylogin\locals~1\temp\7nn868vw.exe could not be saved,
because the source file could not be read.

Try again later or contact the server administrator.

Can someone reply with what may be wrong? I can live with IExplorer
being needed, but if I send my CD to someone, they may need Netscape
to work.

Thanks

Mark Nobles

I have coded the following 'index.htm' , and it works fine from HD or
CD when I open it with IExplorer, but not with Netscape v7.1.
Part 1</a> </p>

Part 2</a> </p>

Installation(setup.exe) ....
When I execute this 'index.htm', and double click on any of the href
lines, it either does nothing or gives me a message like:

c:\docume~1\mylogin\locals~1\temp\7nn868vw.exe could not be saved,
because the source file could not be read.

How do you have your helper apps set up for .sxw and .exe files?

young

How do you have your helper apps set up for .sxw and .exe files?

I spoke too soon! I set the Netscape helper app for sxw to
OpenOffice and it made that href HTML line work fine. However, I
couldn't figure out how to set the helper app for exe files. I set it
at default but I still got the aforementioned error message. Can you
help me on this?

Thanks

young

couldn't figure out how to set the helper app for exe files. I set
it at default but I still got the aforementioned error message. Can
you help me on this?

Thanks

young

I can't figure out how to set the helper app or whatever you do to
handle exe files. Can anyone help me on this?

This is my HTML:

Thanks

PeterMcC

I can't figure out how to set the helper app or whatever you do to
handle exe files. Can anyone help me on this?

This is my HTML:

I'm afraid that you can't - it's a security issue.
If setup.exe could be made to work, then so could format.exe

The only exception I'm aware of is on an intranet where you have control
over the configuration of the server, clients and browsers but then, if
that's the case, ask the network administrator.

young

I'm afraid that you can't - it's a security issue.
If setup.exe could be made to work, then so could format.exe

The only exception I'm aware of is on an intranet where you have control
over the configuration of the server, clients and browsers but then, if
that's the case, ask the network administrator.

Makes sense to me!

Thanks

young

Makes sense to me!

Thanks

Interestingly, format is a com file not an exe file.

I changed the filename of the setup.exe program Netscape is unable to
handle (by the way IExplorer has no problem) to setup.com. Then
changed the name in the HTML line to agree and Netscape executes the
setup and its install just fine.

So, a good way to format someone's HD? Scares me!

PeterMcC

Interestingly, format is a com file not an exe file.

I changed the filename of the setup.exe program Netscape is unable to
handle (by the way IExplorer has no problem) to setup.com. Then
changed the name in the HTML line to agree and Netscape executes the
setup and its install just fine.

So, a good way to format someone's HD? Scares me!

Oh dear - but thanks for the info.