Request.BinaryRead, error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005'

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by F. Nolet, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. F. Nolet

    F. Nolet Guest

    Hi,

    With IIS 6 - ASP :

    I try to upload a file of 125,000,000 bytes.
    To do it, I use this code :

    Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

    I get this error :

    Request object error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005'
    Unexpected error
    /test/test.asp, line 20
    The function returned |.

    I tried with multiple calls to Request.BinaryRead but with a lower amount of
    bytes.

    It Works BUT .... if you call Request.BinaryRead with a value lower than
    67125217 it works, any values equal or above, I get the error described
    before.

    Is it a BUG ???

    F. Nolet, Feb 7, 2005

  2. F. Nolet

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Offhand I would say that your system is choking on the memory allocation
    request for a safearry with 67million elements.

    I cannot find any restrictions in the binaryread documentation regarding the
    size of the returned array but that seems like an awfully large bite to chew
    at one time.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Feb 7, 2005

  3. F. Nolet

    Zam Guest

    Hello,

    Not sure, but try "ASPMaxRequestEntityAllowed" in
    \windows\system32\inetsvr\metabase.xml

    With best regards,

    Zam, Feb 9, 2005