Request for Comment on time based billing system

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Denon, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. Denon

    Denon Guest

    Hello,

    Currently, I'm finding a way to build a system that is billing to any
    web access end-user. If they new a session to web server, then start to
    charge, and if they close the browser, then end this charge. As everybody
    know that web server is stateless and hard to detect browse close behaviour.
    Is there any wise way to do so?
    I have tried to log all the sessionid in a array in global.asax, and any
    one of web page aspx add a <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="2"> to
    trigger the client browser to do post back to web server as polling back
    trick to inform the web server that the browser is not closed. However, I
    don't know how to check the sessionid is expiry or abandoned in the
    global.asax timer loop. And even how to trigger application_end to stop the
    timer.
    If there is another wise way to implement this requirement. Please let
    me know, I'm very appreciated for any advices. Thanks for attention!

    Regards
    Den

    Denon, Nov 8, 2003