Request for Help in OpenSourcing a Project

Discussion in 'Python' started by Colin Meeks, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Colin Meeks

    Colin Meeks Guest

    I love Python and started back when 1.52 was the popular version.
    Whilst learning Python, I created a website framework called Web@Work,
    which I run at the following two sites :

    http://www.meeks.ca
    All content is done in Web@Work and static pages are created.

    http://www.programmedintegration.com
    All content is created dynamically.

    Web@Work is a mix between a CMS and web framework. I've been
    personally using it for more than 5 years, however it's never formally
    been completed and has a lot of rough edges. I created Web@Work to
    handle all data as straight text files, as my provider at the time,
    had no facilities for databases, so this is a definite area that
    Web@Work could be expanded.

    What I'm basically after is someone to assist in polishing up the
    product and ultimately releasing as OpenSource or some similar kind of
    license, whereby I retain copyright, but the use of the product is
    free. Also if anyone has any tips or advice, I'd be most grateful.
    I'm loathe to release the code at present, as it's really quite
    embarassing in places, and has a strong need for markup code to be
    removed from within program code and placed as separate files.

    Anyway if anyone is able to assist or advise, I'd be more than happy
    to discuss things futher.

    Regards

    Colin
    Colin Meeks, Dec 17, 2004