Request for Information

Sandra

Dear All,

I am evaluating Netscape4.0x and Netscape 4.7 at the Document Object
Model(DOM) Level.
But not able to figure out the difference between the two at the DOM
level.
Any one has any information regarding the same will be benefecial.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Michelle

Martin Honnen

Sandra said:
I am evaluating Netscape4.0x and Netscape 4.7 at the Document Object
Model(DOM) Level.
But not able to figure out the difference between the two at the DOM
level.
Any one has any information regarding the same will be benefecial.
Any help would be appreciated.

Neither Netscape 4.0x nor 4.7 has support for the W3C DOM. The DOM
implemented in 4.0x is not different from the one in 4.7. The only major
difference is core JavaScript where 4.0-4.05 supports JavaScript 1.2
while 4.06 and later support JavaScript 1.3. Main improvements in 1.3
are Unicode support for strings and various things like
Function.prototype.call/apply.