Request for XML Project Info

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by james@rubyxml.com, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Guest

    I'm working on a presentation for the upcoming Ruby Conference (you
    *are* going, aren't you?) on the state of XML processing with Ruby.

    I'd like this to be as complete as reasonably possible, covering all
    Ruby apps, libs, projects, etc. that work with XML in some manner.

    I've assembled a sizable list of such things from assorted sources (RAA,
    Google, Freshmeat, RubyForge), but may have missed some.

    I'm also fairly sure that some of these projects have fallen into limbo,
    though their respective project pages may not say so.

    So, if you're involved in a Ruby/XML project, please let me know. (I
    probably already have it in my list, but a few dozen extra E-mails is
    fine if it means I catch missing projects.) This is particularly
    helpful if your code would not come up in, say, an RAA search on "XML"
    but has some perhaps secondary involvement with XML.

    If you've been involved with a project that is now dead or dying, but
    you suspect it lingers on, outdated, in the RAA or wherever, please let
    me know that, too, so I can confirm what I have in my list.

    Thanks, and see y'all in Austin!

    James Britt

    james AT ruby-xml DOT com

    PS
    Note that auto-replying to this will send the message to ruby-talk, not
    to me personally. Please be sure that the E-mail is addressed to me,
    unless you feel the list would benefit from the information. Thanks!

    , Oct 22, 2003

    wrote:

    > James Britt
    >
    > james AT ruby-xml DOT com

    Oops.

    It's james AT rubyxml DOT com. No dash.

    The header of the message has it right. (And my thanks to those who've
    already sent responses.

    James

    , Oct 22, 2003