Request.Form collection lost on submit

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by mvr, May 25, 2005.

  1. mvr

    mvr Guest

    Hi all

    IIS 5.0, ASP, and https://

    I have "DataEntrypage.asp" which is a data entry page(about 250
    data elements includes text boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, drop down
    boxes etc).

    After the data validation through javascript(form.action =
    "ProcessData.asp" )I post this page to "ProcessData.asp" which process all
    the database transactions like updates, deletes and inserts.

    At the begining/top of the "ProcessData.asp" I loop through
    Request.Form collection and store them in a text file on the WEB SERVER.

    Once in a while the whole Request.Form collection is disappearing in
    the text file. At that instances it is creating the text file with size of
    1kb but it is not
    showing any thing in the file.

    I checked and it is not loosing the session information.

    Does any one ran into this situation. Any lead will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    mvr

    mvr, May 25, 2005

  2. Have you ever seen this behavior directly? Like, instead of seeing an empty
    file and assuming that means that the request.form collection is empty? How
    do you know it's not something else?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], May 25, 2005

  3. mvr wrote:
    > At the begining/top of the "ProcessData.asp" I loop through
    > Request.Form collection and store them in a text file on the
    > WEB SERVER.

    And just how do you prevent processes from stepping on each other? Do you
    create a different text file for each session? If not, I would expect
    exactly the type of behavior you describe.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, May 26, 2005