Request GMAIL Invitation.

nkimmigration

Can someone please spare a GMAIL Invitation for me.
Thank you for the generocity,
-..

Keith Thompson

Can someone please spare a GMAIL Invitation for me.
Thank you for the generocity,

No. This newsgroup is for discussions of the C programming language.

Mike Wahler

Can someone please spare a GMAIL Invitation for me.

Sure I'll spare you from such an invitation.

I'll also be happy to discuss ISO standard C with
you.

Any other subject is not topical here.

-Mike

Christopher Benson-Manica

(e-mail address removed) spoke thus:
Can someone please spare a GMAIL Invitation for me.

#include <stdio.h>

int main( void )
{
printf( "Sure. Feel free to join anytime. HAND." );
return 0;

Dave Vandervies

(e-mail address removed) spoke thus:

#include <stdio.h>

int main( void )
{
printf( "Sure. Feel free to join anytime. HAND."
"\n"

);
return 0;
}

dave
(or you could just use puts)

Mike Wahler

Dave Vandervies said:
dave
(or you could just use puts)

So you want to specify a 'new-line'. But the line
of folks waiting to get 'gmail' is not new. :)

-Mike

Joona I Palaste

Mike Wahler said:
So you want to specify a 'new-line'. But the line
of folks waiting to get 'gmail' is not new. :)

What's so special about this gmail? What's it got that the
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 different free
web-based e-mail services don't?

Mike Wahler

Joona I Palaste said:
What's so special about this gmail? What's it got that the
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 different free
web-based e-mail services don't?

A gigabyte of storage. Google intends it for users to be able
to archive large amounts of email, but I suspect many folks
want it to use as a data repository. I have a gmail account,
and as you say, it's 'just another web-mail application', except
for the larger than average storage quota (would be useful for people
who mail lots of images, etc., and can't or won't store them locally)

Also, it seems to have a few 'search/sort/arrange' features not
present in other services. I haven't really tried to put it
through all its paces, for me, it's just a 'toy'.

(I think Google is trying to anticipate possible abuse and
'overloading' by starting this venture 'by invitation only')

As far as I know, Google still reserves the right to make
it all 'go away' without notice. So I wouldn't store anything
there I really care about.

Visit the Google site if you're interested in more details.

-Mike

Christopher Benson-Manica

Mike Wahler said:
(I think Google is trying to anticipate possible abuse and
'overloading' by starting this venture 'by invitation only')

My personal opinion is that it's been a stroke of marketing genius -
look at the huge amounts of buzz the invitation gimmick has generated.

Karthik Kumar

Mike said:
[snipped]

As far as I know, Google still reserves the right to make
it all 'go away' without notice. So I wouldn't store anything
there I really care about.

Does n't the same thing hold for any free email service, though ?

Keith Thompson

Karthik Kumar said:
Mike said:
[snipped]

As far as I know, Google still reserves the right to make
it all 'go away' without notice. So I wouldn't store anything
there I really care about.

Does n't the same thing hold for any free email service, though ?

I don't know. Try asking in a newsgroup where it's topical.