request instead of request.QueryString

Ivan

hi,

I saw some program using "request("fieldname") " instead of
"request.QueryString" to get the value from URL, what's the different ??

thanks

Catalyst

hi,

I saw some program using "request("fieldname") " instead of
"request.QueryString" to get the value from URL, what's the different ??

thanks

If you don't specify a collection to search, asp will look through the
following in the shown order until a match is found.

QueryString
Form
Cookies
ClientCertificate
ServerVariables

So you could say that request("x") is the same as request.querystring("x")
if there is a querystring.

Rob Collyer

If you don't specify a collection to search, asp will look through the
following in the shown order until a match is found.

QueryString
Form
Cookies
ClientCertificate
ServerVariables

So you could say that request("x") is the same as
request.querystring("x") if there is a querystring.

I must point out to all that request("x") should be avoided as it is very
slow perfomance wise compared to specifying the invididual collection
(eg, form, querystring, servervariables, cookie)

Catalyst

I must point out to all that request("x") should be avoided as it is
very slow perfomance wise compared to specifying the invididual
collection (eg, form, querystring, servervariables, cookie)

Yeah, and you don't really know what you're getting.

Ivan

thanks all for your help :p