Request Object from web site to web services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nick, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Hi,

    I have a web site and web services that are in separate projects but hosted
    on the same machine.

    The web site calls the web services via LocalHost to access the business
    logic.

    What I want is for the web services to see basically the same Request Object
    (IP, Browser settings, etc.) that the web site sees.

    Currently the IP the web services see is the localhost (127.0.0.1) if they
    are called from the web site but the external browser IP if called directly.

    The idea is that the Web Services will work the same (recording IP, browser
    type, etc.) in both cases.

    Is it possible to do this in the code of the web site somehow (overwriting
    headers, cookies)?

    Thanks

    Nick

    Nick, Sep 10, 2003