Request Object

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by deepak, Feb 12, 2008.

  1. deepak

    deepak Guest

    Hi All,

    i m facing a strange situation with request object for asp.net.As per our
    project i have to transfer this request from Page1.aspx to Page2.aspx if
    contyp = "text/xml".If i remove(ie. comment) the line
    xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) from PAGE1.ASPX then there is no error in
    PAGE2.ASPX and it process it without any error,but if i keep this line
    xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) in PAGE1.ASPX then PAGE2.ASPX give me
    error on line Response.Write(docOUT.xml) saying

    <MethodResult
    Status="2"><Error><ErrorNumber>-1071651496</ErrorNumber><ErrorDescription>An
    XML parse error occured.
    File Position: 0
    Line: 0
    Line Position: 0
    Reason: XML document must have a top level element.

    Source Text: </ErrorDescription><ErrorSource>modXML.LoadXMLDocumentFromURL \\
    W6IntInMsgLib</ErrorSource><ErrorLine>0</ErrorLine></Error></MethodResult>

    I can not remove(comment) the line xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) in
    PAGE1.ASPX as that is needed for some processing in PAGE.ASPX like
    Dim xmlearlyStart As XmlNode =
    xmlInDoc.SelectSingleNode("SXPTaskUpdateOrAdd/Task/EarlyStart") etc.

    Following is my code:

    PAGE1.aspx

    contyp = Request.ContentType() ' Read content type of request

    If contyp = "text/xml" Then
    Dim xmlInDoc As New XmlDocument
    Dim xmlInUpdateDoc As New XmlDocument

    xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream)
    Server.Transfer("w6inboundprocessor.aspx", True)

    PAGE2.aspx

    Public Class w6inboundprocessor
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

    InitializeComponent()

    End Sub

    Designer.
    'Do not delete or move it.

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
    InitializeComponent()
    End Sub

    #End Region

    System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

    On Error Resume Next

    Const W6PIncomingProcessor = "W6IntUtilsGWWrap.W6IntInMsgProcGW.1"

    Dim binData
    Dim objProcessor
    Dim docOUT
    Dim blnSuccess

    binData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes())

    If Err.Number <> 0 Then Call XMLError(Err)

    blnSuccess = False
    While Not blnSuccess
    ' Based on Microsoft's articles there is no need to use the
    Server object to create objects.
    ' If we do use the Server objects it costs in performance
    ' and can cause some instability as the bug suggests.
    objProcessor = CreateObject(W6PIncomingProcessor)

    If Err.Number = 0 Then
    blnSuccess = True
    Else
    If Err.Number <> 2147549448 Then
    Call XMLError(Err)
    blnSuccess = True
    End If
    End If
    End While
    ' Danny 15/5/05 - Bug #23983
    ' Based on Microsoft's articles there is no need to use the Server
    object to create objects.
    ' If we do use the Server objects it costs in performance
    ' and can cause some instability as the bug suggests.
    docOUT = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
    Call docOUT.loadXML(objProcessor.ProcessMessage(binData))
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then Call XMLError(Err)
    Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
    ' Gil (27/2/05): Bug: #23639 - Added unicode support as in the SXP
    asp file
    ' Reviewed with Sasha.
    Response.Charset = "utf-8"

    'docOUT.save(Response)
    Response.Write(docOUT.xml)
    Response.End()

    End Sub
    Sub XMLError(ByVal Err)
    Dim strOutput

    strOutput = "<MethodResult><Error>" & _
    "<ErrorNumber>" & Err.Number & "</ErrorNumber>" & _
    "<ErrorDescription>" & Err.Description &
    "</ErrorDescription>" & _
    "<ErrorSource>" & Err.Source & "</ErrorSource>" & _
    "</Error></MethodResult>"

    Call Response.Write(strOutput)
    Response.End()
    End Sub
    End Class

    Kindly help me. I am waiting for urs replies and thanks in advance from my
    side.

    -Deepak
    +919886735837

    deepak, Feb 12, 2008

  2. deepak wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > i m facing a strange situation with request object for asp.net.As per

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 12, 2008

  3. "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > deepak wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > i m facing a strange situation with request object for asp.net.As per

    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through some
    > of the previous questions in this newsgroup before posting yours - always

    > recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup.

    Although in this case he does know it, because Deepak is a serial
    multi-poster and has posted this message in at least two other dotnet
    groups. <grrr...> ;)

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET
    Anthony Jones, Feb 12, 2008