Request.QueryString ignoring characters

Felbrigg

Possibly due to your culture setting in the web-confg. try

culture="en-GB"

in the globalisation section.

Andy Beetz

Felbrigg said:
Possibly due to your culture setting in the web-confg. try

culture="en-GB"

in the globalisation section.

Thanks for the prompt reply, but it didn't fix it :(
any other ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Patrice Scribe

I made a quick try. It looks like to me this is not properly encoded. It
should be :
%c2%a3

See if your browser has always send Querystring encoded as UTF-8 checked.

Generally I pass IDs rather than strings in the QueryString anyway...

Patrice

Felbrigg

Good pointer Patrice, text in the querystring is a messy afair. Often if
you need to pass a string arouns its better to bung in the session on the
calling page and remove it ( once used) on the recieving page.

Andy Beetz

Patrice Scribe said:
I made a quick try. It looks like to me this is not properly encoded. It
should be :
%c2%a3
<snip>

thanks, that does work :) unfortunately I can't use an ID or session
variable as it being called from an external automated system passing
messages to it. I'm assuming this problem wouldn't have occurred if it was
using POST instead of GET. I guess it might be something to consider.

Thanks again guys
Andy

bruce barker

a POST uses the same format as a GET for passing data. in a POST the form
data is url encode and passed as content.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)